LifeQMed and the patient journey
LifeQMed was launched with the ambitious goal to cover the whole patient journey – from the pre-acute phase to rehabilitation and follow-up care.
Using state of the art biodata monitors like reusable biodata patches attached to a patients chest, LifeQMed tools can monitor a patients condition 24/7 and report to involved healthcare stakeholders in real time.
Shown below are the different stages during the patient journey, which are all covered by various aspects of the LifeQMed project.
Biodata Monitoring can be applied way before the first symptoms of a cardiological illness arise and thereby has a strong preventive aspect
Patients awaiting cardiosurgery can be monitored and rapid reaction can be achieved in preparation of the surgery if necessary
QS2 enables comparison of surgery outcome in cardiological patients. With its 100% market share in Austria, QS2 has a comprehensive database on relevant surgical procedures
QS3 will enable outcome measurement in the field of rehabilitation and thereby make treatments and treatment plans comparable yet individualized
Cardiological patient continuum
LIFEQMED – PREVENT
lifestyle medicine – program
LIFEQMED – QS1
waiting list management
LIFEQMED – QS2
clinical quality register
LIFEQMED – QS3
post acute patient management
Project lifeQmed is based on the existing solution-QS2 database-patient registries in the fields of cardiology. This solution is well-established on the market for more than 15 years and achieving positive operational cashflow. What makes this solution unique is more than 200 000 complete individual data sets with 100 percent market share in cardiology in Austria with the possibility to scale to international markets, cover the whole patient journey from prevention over surgery up to aftercare.
Due to this fundament and high demand on the market, we decided to expand the product into outcome measurement in the cardiological patient journey. The expansion is led by highly experienced and reputable experts and in cooperation with the MEDICAL UNIVERSITY VIENNA and based on VALUE-BASED-CARE principles by HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL. The project has a potential to significantly impact current cardiological delivery in Europe as it guides to implement a model that delivers high-quality care with optimal medical outcomes for patients, while increasing efficiency for the healthcare system.
In next stages farther international extension options into other clinical and Big Data solutions such as research databases on demand and data-driven scientific services with added value for patients but also R&D departments in the pharmaceutical and diagnostics industries.
- Medical University of Vienna is among top 30 most reputable medical universities in the world.
- S2 engineering is developing software products exclusively for the healthcare sector for more than 20 years. They are the market leader for statistics-based quality assurance software in cardiac and vascular surgery in Austria.
- AQUILIA HEALTH is developing international projects in healthcare and managing digital health initiatives.
- LifeQMed is based on the value based care concept developed by
Existing Solution and Product and Market Expansion Plan
AUSTRIA – QS2
CARDIO & VASCULAR & TRANSPLANT SURGERY
- Well-established product
- 15+ years on the market – v.4.0
- >200 000 complete unique data sets
- 100% market share in Austria in cardiosurgery (scalable to other countries)
- Positive operational cashflow with profits
- Certified by ÖBIG
- In cooperation with MEDICAL UNIVERSITY OF VIENNA and Austrian Heart Society
- Compatible with all HIS (Hospital Information System) in the world (HL7)
- Multilingual solution
Further International Expansion
Cardiological rehabilitation and prevention covering the whole patient journey
- Cooperation with MEDICAL UNIVERSITY OF VIENNA
- Strong international academic and clinical network and leading experts (e.g. President for International Society for Lung and Heart Transplant)
- Integrating VALUE-BASED-CARE by HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL
- Potential to be a game changer in the field of rehabilitation delivery care in Europe
- Farther expansion options into clinical and big data solutions-including pharma and diagnostics.
Extension to other fields of medicine
Development of additional modules/solutions based on existing system and large datasets
- Integrated clinical trial standards and processes for medical research
- Data-driven scientific services database for research on demand
- Integration in an unlimited medical data room for research tasks
- OUTCOME MEASUREMENT TOOL
for cardivascular patient journey
- MONITORING TOOL
for the individual patient
- PROGNOSTIC TOOL
for patient improvement
- QUALITY TOOL
for hospitals, clinics and medical centers
- VALUE BASED CARE
- PUBLIC HEALTH TOOL
for medical structure planning
- Hospitals and rehab centres
- Therapists and physicians
- Insurance companies
- Technology and support
- Education and training
- Government institutions
- Science and public health