Patient Registries/Diseases Registries
Advantages of Register Medicine Concepts
- proactive medical quality management and improvements based on evidence and hard data
- data analysis and prognostic models enabling more targeted diagnostics and therapies
- competitive advantage vis-a-vis many stakeholders
- effective tool for negotiations with payors
- reputation and brand credibility increase for the clinics
- benchmarking on national and international level
- Patient or disease registries are collections of secondary data related to patients with a specific diagnosis, condition, or procedure.
- Registries vary in sophistication from simple spreadsheets that only can be accessed by a small group of physicians to very complex databases that are accessed online across multiple institutions.
- Most disease registries are used to support care management for groups of patients with one or more chronic diseases, such as diabetes, coronary artery disease, or asthma.
- Computerized registries provide users with an automated way to store data and to create, sort, and display lists of patients and other data for use in planning, quality improvement, reporting, and direct care delivery.